Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jello Martini

    My bother loves Jello, and constantly asks for it. I decided to make it in a fancy martini glass for him. To make this I just followed the back of the box(Add two cups boiling water to dry mix, stir till dissolved, add 12-16 ice cubes. Then stir till a bit thick). I made the fast version with ice cubes instead of cold water, where it takes about an hour for ready to eat Jello, instead of waiting 3-4 hours. This is a kid version. One pack of jello mix will make 6 martini glasses worth of jello. For a garnish, I used whip cream.
   
   To make the adult version of a jello martini, you put the dry mix in a bowl, then add 1 and a half cups boiling water. Stir mixture till dissolved. Then add 1 cup of vodka(and it could be flavored if you wish). The add 12-16 ice cubes and stir till mixture is a bit thick. Then pour into martini glasses. I used a measuring cup to do this, and I also used a spoon to hold over the tip to make sue no ice cubes went into the martini glass. You do not want any ice cubes in your mixture, and you do not want them to all melt into your jello, or it will be very watery. One jello mix will make 6 martini glasses worth of jello martinis. If you want to use a garnish, use something sweet, like a maraschino cherry.

No comments: