Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Homemade Kindle Covers!


   My Mom bought me a kindle for Christmas! I am very excited about this! I read so much that this will be such an easy way to be able to take all my books with me easily. Also there are a lot of books that are available for free on the kindle! All books published before 1936 are free! The also choose 40 different current books a month that are released for free! It's so exciting! I am going to be reading all the time when I get it.
   I looked online how much the Kindle covers were and they were all around $59.99! Sixty dollars! That is way too much for a cover. It's like half the price of the kindle! That's insane! So I decided to make my own. I made two covers they were very simple to make. First I traced the kindle on a piece of cardboard then I doubled the length so that it would fit it like a book case. I also allowed half an inch for the 'binding' part of the book case. Then I covered with fabric and sewed it together. I also sewed different colored fabric on the inside to hold the kindle still and keep it secure in the cover. 
   The first one I made I sewed the scraps of the fabric onto the middle of each side of the cover so I can tie it and make a bow when it's closed. The second one I made I used a button to keep it closed and then added ribbon for decoration.
I really like how they both turned out! It was very simple and in all the whole price for the two covers would be under $5.00 because all I used was fabric and cardboard. Very simple, very cost efficient! 







  

1 comment:

Blair said...

The pink one is so pretty!