Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bookmarks!

   Yesterday I was talking to my brother about his new book, The Red Pyramid By Rick Riordan(Author of the Percy Jackson and the Olympian books). He was telling me how far he was into reading it and then told me what page he was on. I was like how do you remember and he said he had to because he didn't have a bookmark! So I made him two bookmarks last night, one is themed for the book itself 'The Red Pyramid' and the other is Disney theme! To make them I used old pieces of cardboard and scrapbook decals. I also colored a triangle piece of cardboard red for the pyramid. Then I drew a hieroglyphic that was used in the book that meant 'open' and put stickers on the other side of the pyramid to mean 'Open & Escape'.
   The Disney theme bookmark I used two mickey mouse decals, at the top and glued them together at the top of the cardboard piece. Then I took other Disney images(A flying ship from Peter Pan) and glued it on the rest of the cardboard available. All of my images and decals were from the paint department in Home Depot, for free! I also added the sticker that says 'Magic'.






No comments: